Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Garbanzo Bean Salad Sandwich Filling

Don't get me wrong, I love tuna salad. But, they say you can't eat too many garbanzo beans, so it doesn't hurt to sometimes sub the tuna for garbanzo beans. This is great on sandwiches, and it does such a good job of standing in for the tuna, I've been known to make sushi rolls with this too. I might have to try this mix on a noodle casserole sometime. I'll get back to you on that one.

I hardly ever use canned beans anymore. I like to make beans on my pressure cooker, and freeze them. Canned beans are perfectly fine if that's what you have, though.

Garbanzo Bean Salad Sandwich Filling

2 cups cooked garbanzo beans
2 tablespoon soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise (I like Light Vegenaise)
2 teaspoons canola oil
1 large shredded carrot
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste

In a large bowl, mash the garbanzo beans with a fork or potato masher. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well with a fork. Voila.

No comments:

Post a Comment