Saturday, February 13, 2010

Eggless Salad Sandwich Filling

I had some leftover thawed tofu from a chili I made this past week. I made a quick salad sandwich filling with it.

The curry powder, mustard and mayonnaise set a stage similar to that in real egg salad. I had some gorgeous green onions from my farmers' market, so I had to throw some of that in there too.

I DO love real egg salad, though.

Eggless Salad Sandwich Filling

Makes 4 servings

5 oz firm tofu, frozen and thawed
2 tablespoons mayonnaise (I like Light Vegenaise)
1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon mustard
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1 sprig green onion, chopped
salt and pepper to taste

1- Squeeze the tofu (like a sponge) and discard the liquid.
2- Crumble the tofy and add the rest of the ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment